Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stella is alive!

I just completed my blocking pass for Stella's first walk! We had the option of doing a vanilla type walk, or a personality walk. I feel that moving from Ballie to Stella is a huge jump and I didn't want to over-commit myself, therefore I chose to stick with a vanilla walk. Ballie had around 4 controls (with some sub-controls on the feet)...Stella has roughly 44 (with sub controls on the feet and hands)...needless to say it was intimidating to get started with her.

But using what I have learned so far from AM, I made my way through. It seems that no matter the complexity of the character, with proper planning and execution, it's all manageable. You're using the same theories and process, just on a larger scale. I approached Stella in a layered manner. Actually hiding her arms and head, dealing with only her legs and torso the start with. Got that looking right, unhid the head and animated that, and finished with the arms. Arms and a head were new territory for sure, but it was a lot of fun. I am happy with how my first attempt has come out and am really looking forward to my E-critique. Next week, it's on to splining (finishing off this animation, resulting some nice smooth motion!).

No comments:

Post a Comment